Orsett Golf Club PGA Golf Professional
Courses are playing longer
It doesn't need us to tell you that the ball isn't travelling as far as it was a couple of months ago; the combination of cooler air and less roll on the softer fairways makes the course a lot different to how it was in the summer.
So, if you're trying to find some extra yards off the tee, to save yourself going in with long irons and hybrids, these tips may help you:
1. Tee your ball a little higher and move it forward in your stance to encourage an upward angle of attack, therefore adding loft
2. Grip the club a little lighter than usual, which will help your wrists hinge more easily for a steeper angle of attack to promote a higher flight
3. Load more weight onto your right side than usual, which also creates a steeper swing for longer carries We're here to help you get the most enjoyment out of the game, so if you'd like some further assistance, get in touch or speak to us in the shop.
This time of year is often the best period to work on your game ahead of spring…. it'll come around fast and you'll want to be ready for those big comps.
PING Vault Putters
The Vault range from PING centres around a new face that delivers the performance of PING's Scottsdale TR and Cadence TR ranges, but with softer milled feel.
Features and benefits:
- A variable depth pattern milled onto the faces speeds up off-centre strikes
- Results in heel and toe putts rolling further for better distance consistency
- Because it's applied via a milling rather than an insert, it feels softer
- Two blades and two mallets make up the range
- All four available in a Platinum or Slate finish
- All feature a thicker 68g Ping Pistol grip to help you relax grip pressure
Order a trolley, get a bag half price
Until the 20th November 2016, we are running a fantastic offer with our friends at Motocaddy. When you purchase an electric trolley – selected models only, including the recently launched S1 DHC trolley – you will get a Motocaddy cart bag at half price. Time to treat yourself?
|Can't find what you're looking for in store?|
|Is your Motocaddy missing something?|
Putting passion into your past time
|Please click here if you want to stop receiving emails from David Wood|